We have been supporting West Berkshire Council’s ‘New Way of Working programme since the autumn of 2014. They have followed a ‘classic’ process of:
- Socialising their story about a different way of offering adult social care, based on our three conversation model. Oct 14.
- Asking for volunteers to operate innovation sites to progress the concept and create local compelling evidence. Dec 14.
- Operating an initial 2 innovation sites – in their ‘front door’, and also working with people who receive ongoing support. Jan 15.
- Evaluating that innovation and proving an improvement for people and families, for staff and a significant reduction in long term packages of support. May 15
- Operating a second phase of innovation that doubled the scope of their sites. July 15.
We are now supporting their development and preparation for ‘phase three’, which is the re-organisation of their whole adult social care department based on our model; this will start its functioning in May 2016.
Our work with West Berkshire has included providing additional support into their weekly innovation sites meetings, some specific work regarding their integration ambitions, and also some work in the Learning Disability and Mental Health environments.